Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Flippin 'eck

martin_h

I think the tree or twig makes a very nice picture. I there were some more sky image to the left so that all the tree appeared in the picture + a tidy up round the edge and framed, I would consider that a masterpiece of art and a picture I would be happy to hang on my wall :) I know it's a montage but it makes a really lovely silouhette IMO - I love it :)

Are you dead sure you mismeasured? Maybe you didn't. It could be an effect of field curvature causing the split. Have you tried 'Registaring' the two panes either side of the widest part of the split? If they do overlap then this is all to do with curvature and the solution is to Registar all the panes onto a single widefield template, maybe taken in a camera lens.

If the split is real I can happily send you a patch for the upper part!

Olly

I hope Olly's right and they might actually "patch in" with Registar - I've had a few times when PS photomerge wouldn't work but ICE would... and also a couple of times when ICE wouldn't that Registar did, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you - I SO know that feeling when you throw all the panes into [whatever] only to find that the new pane(s) is not in the composite or there's a rogue isolated pane left in the corner :sad:.

Still... having said that... Great job with the tree and the zip ( :grin:) and if they don't "zip up" with Registar, then you've surely GOT to patch it in!

Are you dead sure you mismeasured? Maybe you didn't. It could be an effect of field curvature causing the split. Have you tried 'Registaring' the two panes either side of the widest part of the split? If they do overlap then this is all to do with curvature and the solution is to Registar all the panes onto a single widefield template, maybe taken in a camera lens.

If the split is real I can happily send you a patch for the upper part!

Olly

Yes its a real split, not enough overlap in the panels before it I expect, I'll just have to shoot some "filler" panels. Also I shot that last row from the top down, what I might do from now on is to shoot from bottom up, that way they might converge as i move up the frame.

Archived