Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn 26th May

Hi,

Last Night (26th) was my first real attempt at imaging Saturn. The only time I had tried before this was when I first started imaging and didn't have a clue what I was doing with Barlow lens, settings etc.

Conditions were rather good with the image taken just before 11pm. I used the equipment in my signature with a X2 Barlow with the settings as follows: [Philips SPC 900NC PC Camera]

Frame Divisor=1

Resolution=640x480

Frame Rate (fps)=15.00

Colour Space / Compression=YUY2

Exposure=-4

Brightness=51

Contrast=19

Saturation=12

Gamma=0

ColorEnable=255

BacklightCompensation=0

Gain=60

One thing I do not like is the blue background however I am more pleased that the planet looks good with some detail. Please ask if you have any advice or questions :)

post-11186-0-85616000-1369677321_thumb.j

Yes Jack, you can easily goto 6 minutes & some, if you have Photoshop or similar just adjust the Levels on the Blue channel or use Curves on the background to sort the Blue out.

Hope you dont mind but i adjusted your pic just so you can see the effect it has.

post-11075-0-00186000-1369685703.png

All the best Jack & keep shooting mate.

Thanks Ewan and feel free to work on my images (applies to anyone) as it helps me and what I should do :)

I will also extend my imaging runs when the weather is fine again :-/

Also, do you, or anyone else for that matter, know what has caused the blue background?

Thanks once again for the advice and the new image :D

Archived