Banner.jpg.39bf5bb2e6bf87794d3e2a4b88f26f1b.jpg

Mercury Venus JupiterA

Anyone else manage to get a glimpse of the triangle tonight? I took a lot of pics and will sift through them soon. I noticed this alignment about 3 or 4 months ago when tinkering with Stellarium. Never did I think I'd get a clear sky for the event.

I got a very good view of it here before 10pm yesterday, all 3 planets were bright in the bins, Venus could be seen easily with just eyes but the other 2 needed the bins.

Yes we did, from the coast near us ( north devon) could see all 3 on the horizon around 10. 10 til Venus set at 10.30. Needed bins to locate Merc and Jupiter to start with but once knew where they were exactly we could then could see them naked eye as well. Have some photo's but bit shaky as didn't set up tripod. One photo may be worth some PP to get it looking good, will work on it later.

watched saturday and sunday night, much tighter triangle on sunday. nice images it was fairly tricky to image, i did it from a dark spot on saturday and my garden on sunday. on saturday venus looked like a ball fire hanging in the sky as did the moon behind me in the east.

i watched it from the spot i watched panstarrs from, a little difference in temperature though snow and -5 in march plus the wind chill!

watched saturday and sunday night, much tighter triangle on sunday. nice images it was fairly tricky to image, i did it from a dark spot on saturday and my garden on sunday. on saturday venus looked like a ball fire hanging in the sky as did the moon behind me in the east.

i watched it from the spot i watched panstarrs from, a little difference in temperature though snow and -5 in march plus the wind chill!

I was freezing my nuts off and it's the end of May! When I first spotted Venus, I thought it was either a plane reflecting the Sun or the ISS. It was also strange (for me) to see something brighter than Jupiter.