Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SkyWatcher Skymax 127 GOTO on a holiday?

Hi everybody!

My family want to go to Australia in the next couple of years, and I really want to take advantage of this opportunity to see the southern sky, and I want to take a scope. However, I can't possibly take my 150p, it's much too heavy, so I'll need another scope. I've been thinking about the SkyWatcher Skymax 127 goto, for several reasons:

1. It's light (approx 11kg)

2. It's compact

3. It would make a good secondary scope in the future, because it's good for planets, and nearly as large as my 150p in aperture

But I've been wondering, is 11kg too heavy? I mean, it will be a 3 week holiday, so there will be a lot of clothes to take up weight. And if it is, what could I take that's lighter?

Thanks for reading

David

Although the exchange rate isn't favourable you could consider getting your scope when there so it saves at least one journey. Consider ordering online etc...and get it delivered to your hotel.

Just a thought.

Hey, it's Oz - buy 4 tee shirts and two pairs of shorts when you get there. Pass the clothes onto someone when you leave and then there's plenty of room for the scope.

Archived