Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

the yesyes observatory - the build

yesyes

I also wondered how you were getting on - good to see your first light images.  I'm also looking forward to getting 'back in the saddle' now that the nights are beginning to draw in again.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. Imagine the disappointment.. photons have travelled thousands or even millions of years only to realise they arrived a bit early before my obsy is finished... :D

Put a mirror on the roof, they'll bounce back at some point !

• 2 weeks later...

Extremely worthwhile.

Oooh, it is, it is :D

Since I got to the point where I can actually use it (which is not to say that it is finished :) in late May we've brewed about twenty gallons of beer and there's five more in the fermentation cabinet at the moment, together with five gallons of elderflower champagne.  Oh, and a small experimental batch of wine from concentrated Merlot grape juice too.  Both the kids love helping out with the brewing and winemaking and I get to throw in a bit of chemistry and biology that they don't realise they're learning too.  My son is also quite getting into helping me make the new all-stainless brewing system, doing the plumbing, wiring up the pumps and so on.  All in all it's proving to be a really worthwhile project :)

James

• 4 months later...

great stuff, i was following the build and i too have had a long time away from this forum. good to see you up and running now though! 

what kind of electronicy stuff have you been building? I'm a electronic engineer by trade and also a avid tinkerer :)

Thanks for following my build.

The electronics I'm building are mostly for my home automation project, RGB LED controllers, Temperature and humidity sensors, a weather station and a few more... I've also built a power controller for my obsy pier where I can switch on and off power supplies to various devices on the scope and pier. It also measures voltage and current for each channel. It ties in with my home automation.

Maybe I should start another thread about the obsy improvements and obsy electronics I've done so far... ;-)

Thanks for following my build.

The electronics I'm building are mostly for my home automation project, RGB LED controllers, Temperature and humidity sensors, a weather station and a few more... I've also built a power controller for my obsy pier where I can switch on and off power supplies to various devices on the scope and pier. It also measures voltage and current for each channel. It ties in with my home automation.

Maybe I should start another thread about the obsy improvements and obsy electronics I've done so far... ;-)

Yes, another thread would be great.....

Archived