SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Afternoon all !!!

completenovice

Hi and finally I've got round to opening an account...

I've been generally interested in astronomy for quite some years and enjoy reading about it and a little while ago decided that I should be doing a bit more.

Living in London I just assumed that it would be all but impossible to view anything but after reading threads on here I realise that's not the case! So my head is currently in a state of meltdown trying to decide what equipment I need (but that's for another thread :kiss: )

So prepare yourselves for many an inane question that will probably have you questioning who the hell authorised this account!

Kev.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Kev and welcome to SGL.

Where abouts in London are you? The reason I ask is there is a group that meet in Regents Park (if my memory is correct). I think Dr Simon Bennet of 'The Widescreen Centre' is one of the founding organisers or may have more information. If you are in the suburbs the there are a few but as I live west of London I cannot think of any.

Clear skies and regards,

Philip

Hello Kev and welcome to SGL.

Where abouts in London are you? The reason I ask is there is a group that meet in Regents Park (if my memory is correct). I think Dr Simon Bennet of 'The Widescreen Centre' is one of the founding organisers or may have more information. If you are in the suburbs the there are a few but as I live west of London I cannot think of any.

Clear skies and regards,

Philip

Hi and thanks for the welcome!!

I live in East London just past the end of the Victoria Line. I havn't done too much research into clubs at the moment but I think there's one in Loughton and Regents Park is only 40 mins away by tube so that may well be an option in the near future.

Welcome to the SGL forums Kev.

Stick around for a while, and you'll need to change your forum name, because a complete novice you will cease to be :grin:.

Enjoy the banter, and don't forget to ask questions of the vast knowledge bank on here.

Ron.

Archived