Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25.thumb.jpg.f1d5d01d306644f613efd90ef96b314c.jpg

My first sighting of NLC's season 2013... this display in bright full moonlight looking north towards Kelso racecourse around midnight.

Pentax K5

Pentax 35mm f2.8 macro DA lens

Exp 6 secs each pane

iso 200

8820461058_aa013ca738_o.jpg

Noctilucent Clouds - Kelso by mikeyscope, on Flickr

• Like 7

That's lovely Mike. How many panes did you do ?

Dave.

That's lovely Mike. How many panes did you do ?

Dave.

Dave ...thanks, just 4 panes in this image, really love this lens...excellent piece of glass. :smiley:

Mike

That's a lovely picture Mike thanks for sharing

Cheers Mike,

Pentax make many a fine lens. The older 50mm is the best I've seen of it's type. There's more to life than Canon and Nikon eh ?

Nice image but you really should have gone back to bed and not be up until near 4.00 am !

Dave.

That's a lovely picture Mike thanks for sharing

Thanks Robbie!

Cheers Mike,

Nice image but you really should have gone back to bed and not be up until near 4.00 am !

Dave.

Don't worry Dave ...I keep a few matchsticks handy for the eyelids ......and the astronomers elixir. :coffee2::grin:

Have decided just to keep this one thread for NLC's during summer season 2013.

Anyway here is another NLC display from 30th into 31st May...

This is a 17 pane mosaic of NLC's in this early morning scene from Kelso Golf... & Horse Racing Course, radiation fog shrouds the ground detail between the trees into the distance.

Pentax K5

Pentax 45mm f5.9 lens

Exp 10 secs each pane

iso 400

Processed in PS5 & PS6

8907632926_8f049b4dfa_o.jpg

NLC's and radiation fog - Kelso 30th into 31st May 2013 by mikeyscope, on Flickr

Very nice panoramas! Thanks for sharing.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.