Narrowband

Logitech Quickcam pro 5000 users

Hello SGL members

Has anybody had any experience using the Logitech quickcam pro 5000 webcam, for planets and lunar imagery. If so ....were you happy with the results?

I am asking, as i have just had one given to me (already modified with adapter). :smiley:

Wish I could test it out for myself .....but clouds... AGAIN ! :embarassed:

Thanks

Gary

Hello SGL members

Has anybody had any experience using the Logitech quickcam pro 5000 webcam, for planets and lunar imagery. If so ....were you happy with the results?

I am asking, as i have just had one given to me (already modified with adapter). :smiley:

Wish I could test it out for myself .....but clouds... AGAIN ! :embarassed:

Thanks

Gary

Hi,

I modded one a while back but never tested it as I wanted to machine an aluminium case for it that I have not finished yet

A.G

Let us know how you get on,I bought one a while back for £3 and was hoping to use it for guiding but since bought a SPC900.If the 5000 can do lunar/planetery images it'll save me from dismantling my guide scope!

Here are some shots from tonight. Gary, I'm sure you'll be able to do better than these--my focuser is junk and I didn't bother with collimation. Rough polar alignment, 90-second captures in SharpCap, stacking and processing in Registax.

post-30084-0-53562700-1369649166_thumb.ppost-30084-0-47502000-1369649240_thumb.ppost-30084-0-10262000-1369649248_thumb.p

It is almost the same and I'm using the drivers for the 5000 with my Fusion. The camera works great, almost too good. I used sharpcap (demo version), and took serveral moon videos through my ED80. Very pleased, so went on to Saturn. I took too many frames for the resolution I was shooting. I chose 1000 frames at max resolution and wound up with a 4 gig avi file! Too big for me to process. Next time I will limit the frames to 100-120.

Archived