pic of my new nagler

faulksy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow that's quite a beast! Makes the 20T5 look small :eek:

I moved from the 22mm T4 to a 20mm T5. The latter is a really compact 2" eyepiece compared to the former. Still a 1 lb eyepiece though so lots of glass in there !

Just to get some idea of the size I put my 26mm Nagler along side a tin of Sweet corn as I don't have any beans. I believe they are the same size, me never having seen a 22mm was of the wrong opinion they were about the same as my 20mm Nagler. Oh how I love big eyepieces, says ha having just spent two hours testing little ones and not finished yet.

Alan

Do all your other EPs, get jealous

of the newbie, that you have just

bought.You might find the others, in

the tin of beans :icon_shaking:

Steve..

my original post should of said my bgo,s never get jealous :grin:

had a bit of first light last night, I say that because the sky didn't go very dark then the moon was up so the sky was a bit of a wash out. lovely e.p. though feels quality and very comftable to use and so clear right to the field stop. bit disappointed with the skys but that's summer for you. viewed lots of messiers and ngc,s and was very impressed, came the end of the night and it dawned on me I didn't use any other e.p. all night except my 12.5 bgo to do my alignment, which I didn't use after. that has never happened before did use my barlow but all my other ep,s stayed in my case real weired. still a lot more to come but will have to wait for new moon. regards.mike

Faulksy,

I am still a funny shade of green, they are well made aren't they, mind you the Meades have a nice quality feel about them too but the optics are not up to the same standards. They cost new but they are very good. I think they are unbeatable value second hand.

I have the mat outside to do a bit of praying for you to the weather gods

Alan.

Archived