Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Short term obsy

Ryan-y

• 4 months later...

Work has started at the bortle 4.5 location I have moved to, this time I’m doing the concrete base myself, I will be damp proofing so the wooden base from the original build can be removed.

also included a photo of my new horizon 

5670F859-1421-4EEE-BA62-25B1AB6BAF6E.jpeg

9E2484BC-528C-4073-8195-8F32AF63CAA0.jpeg

B40230F2-2D8F-4DA5-AFAE-9B0633E86C58.jpeg

7640C441-3807-49A3-A32B-82CF8CFAB501.jpeg

• Like 2

On 24/05/2013 at 16:12, Ryan-y said:

Yeah the idea is when I move I can take it down buy a few rolls of turf and no one would ever know. You're right it's going to be a two man job but I'm sure I'll be able to get a hand off a mate.

My parents have got a concrete garage built like that - basically a load of slabs that bolt together. If you'd plan to move it alone it sounds like a great idea, the only problem I could see is if you were to clad each panel individually how you could keep the weather out the gaps. I suppose you could get some sort of T profiled plastic that could be clamped between the joints. Oh, and coach bolts are blumming exspensive! :)

That is a nice dome but I think the mrs would hate it! And for the exact reasons I like it (too techy and siencey looking) plus as people say, they scream out 'expensive equiptment inside'. Not to mention the price of them.

I think I'm sold on the cladding idea now, it's another £150 odd pound I was hoping to save but it would do a better job and it would look a lot nicer too. I'd still have to use a membrane between that and the structure wouldn't I? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I wrapped my frame in roof membrane and cladded it

Looks better than tin

• 3 weeks later...

Really good thread to read, especially as it has changed hands and relocated a number of times. A short term build that keeps going and going. 

Good work all round!!!

Edited by CKP_82
Forgot to add praise

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/09/2021 at 10:53, tich said:

Ey up Gaz nice to see the obsy coming along we'll be looking forward to seeing some images soon 🙂

yo dude, yes mate done a proper job on this one can’t wait to get up and running 

Edited by Astro_Gaz

• 3 months later...

All setup and tweaking done the image is just 1 single 30 minute frame in Ha with no editing just stretched to show detail, im looking forward to some clear nights please 

NGC2023_1800sec_1x1_HA_0002.jpg

Edited by Astro_Gaz
  • Like 2