SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My version of the Pillars of Creation...

StuartJPP

Not quite up to NASA's standards (or most images posted on here), but this was on my todo list. Again this was taken on holiday in Fuerteventura. As I said before, I should have spent more time on just one or two targets instead of trying to cram in too many, lesson learned and hopefully if there is a next time I will heed my own advice. It was taken under non-ideal conditions with both LP and wind. Needs a lot more data but still a million times better than my previous effort.

Modified Canon 1100D with Canon 500mm f/4 L IS lens @ ISO1600.

AstroTrac TT320 Mount.

25x 60 second lights

20x Darks

20x Flats

20x Bias

Stacked in DSS and processed in PS.

Full Frame

gallery_27141_2403_647299.jpg

100% crop

gallery_27141_2403_260428.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goodness me, well done that man! How sharp is that? You've split the tricky pair of doubles just above and slightly right of the claw. Round stars, deep nebulosity...

Remarkable. You need to be doing publicity shots for Astrotrac!

Olly

PS Just a thought, but have you tried going into Ps, Image Adjustments, Selective Colour, and in the reds moving the top slider over to the left? This tends to emphasize Ha signal.

Archived