SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello

MYLUCKYSTARS

Hello I started astronomy in January, I've been use a 16x50 & 8-24x50 binoculars :bino2:(which inherited one from my Grandad on My Mum's side & the other from my Grandad on My Dad's side.) to view the night sky. I ordered my first telescope a Skywatcher Heritage(5.1" 130mm) on thurdays & it should come monday, I also ordered a moon filter not sure when that will turn up though. Can't wait for the scope shame the weathers not too good here at the moment.

(This is probably of little interest to people but I named my user name after the 1985 Hong Kong Martial Arts Comedy of the same name.)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:smiley: Also Thank you to: michigander, wxsatuser, Superdavo, HIP3802, alanjgreen, alan g, Lonestar70, Bizibilder, MorningMajor, sloz1664 & JamesM for the welcome's.

My telescope turned up feels more solid than it looked on the net which is good, shame about the weather though the view good of some trees. Even though it seems I don't have a chance of seeing any celestial objects till Wednesday(if lucky) it was still nice setting it up putting the eyepiece it for the first time was a great feeling. Can't wait I get to do some proper observations.... :biggrin:

:smiley: Thank you for the welcome, sologuitarist61.

I guess I spoke too soon guy's the clouds parted for a bit I got to see the moon though I didn't have long enough was getting use to it being upside down though I could see the mountains & craters I normally look at with binoculars. Hope to get some good views of it my moon filter arrived today so should get some good views of the moon & other thing's.

Archived