incoming 22mm nagler

faulksy

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to michael and alan, do you find premium eps like tv,s worthy in less demanding scopes like scts compared to lesser quality eps cheaper eps.although i found my nirvanas to be stonking just wondering what to expect with the nagler

I went for the TV Nagler T4s for two reasons:

1) eye relief: the Nagler T4 has better eye relief than any 82 deg UWA I could find. I had a Meade 14mm UWA (S5000) which was fine, and was really sharp even in an F/4.1 Newtonian, but its eye relief was too small for me.

2) future proofing: I might get faster scopes (in fact I did: the 80mm F/6 is more demanding than the SCT). If I later get a big Dobsonian, my TV EPs will work well.

Finally, my SCT might not be that demanding, but these EPs really get the most out of it.

thanks michael i was hopeing you would say something like that, well worded.i had a 21mm hyperion which was a nice focal length but i found it a bit fuzzy off axis, thats why i thought the 22 would be a good range. also like you said future proofs for a big dob or frac.thanks again

Archived