Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Alan Bean (Apollo 12 moonwalker) coming to UK

Hey all, just wanted to spread the word.

Alan Bean, the fourth man to walk on the moon, is coming to the UK for the last time, this October!

Full details of the event can be found here: http://www.space-lectures.com/

It involves a lecture, questions, talk time, as well as photographs, autographs etc. The event is based in Pontefract, near Wakefield (quite a long way from me!).

The last event run by this group was brilliant - I got to meet Al Worden, CMP of Apollo 15, and it was really amazing to talk to him. The organisers are very friendly, and quite a lot of people attend - a very nice crowd. There were also some memorabilia stands, and a raffle, etc.

This is just a heads up in case anyone is interested, as it's not often we get to see these men anymore, and it won't be long before we lose that chance forever.

• 1 month later...

I'm very tempted and may well do yet, albeit there's some negotiation on schedules to be won with Mrs Tohpipi first.

He's always come across as a great guy in the TV/film interviews. Plus, these moon boys aren't getting any younger unfortunately.

Hey all, just wanted to spread the word.

Alan Bean, the fourth man to walk on the moon, is coming to the UK for the last time, this October!

Al Bean is booked for Autographica next year too for anyone who wants to see him, I believe his lecture is 45 quid with a free autograph for attendees. Looks to be a good line up with Buzz and Bruce McCandless already booked for it as well. This year has a good line up also for anyone who is into collecting space and especially Apollo signatures.

Archived