SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Opticron Verona 8x42 ....anybody using them?

lardy

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice about a replacement pair of Bins, If anybody is using the Opticron Veronas how good are they for observing? The monies doesn't quite run to Zeiss Victory's and I have read good reports of the larger Opticron bins.

All thoughts and reports greatly appreciated.

Regards to all

Mark

• 7 months later...

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice about a replacement pair of Bins, If anybody is using the Opticron Veronas how good are they for observing? The monies doesn't quite run to Zeiss Victory's and I have read good reports of the larger Opticron bins.

All thoughts and reports greatly appreciated.

Regards to all

Mark

Judging by your sig you got the Victory in the end, how do you feel they stand up to Astro work and terrestrial stuff?

Hi Guy,

Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year ...

Yes I brought the Victory's in the end, I used some Zeiss Bino's while down in South Africa once and although expensive they have that Wow factor (they still have!) , a pair of 8x42 came up on ABS so I took the plunge, Loved them so much (and had to fight to use them as Wendy also loves using them) decided to get a second slightly more powerful pair  .... Good old ABS... they are "keepers" bit like my APM's and TMB.

For Astro they are Fantastic, lightweight and easy to use, bright and "Oh so clear" across the field of view. For terrestrial the same, I can see why birders love them.

The 10x56's are bit more tiring on the arms but very manageable for a while ( Wendy has problems viewing with them for any length of time)   

Are you between scopes again Guy? I see nothing on your signature. 

Cheers 

Mark

Hi Guy,

Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year ...

Yes I brought the Victory's in the end, I used some Zeiss Bino's while down in South Africa once and although expensive they have that Wow factor (they still have!) , a pair of 8x42 came up on ABS so I took the plunge, Loved them so much (and had to fight to use them as Wendy also loves using them) decided to get a second slightly more powerful pair  .... Good old ABS... they are "keepers" bit like my APM's and TMB.

For Astro they are Fantastic, lightweight and easy to use, bright and "Oh so clear" across the field of view. For terrestrial the same, I can see why birders love them.

The 10x56's are bit more tiring on the arms but very manageable for a while ( Wendy has problems viewing with them for any length of time)   

Are you between scopes again Guy? I see nothing on your signature. 

Cheers 

Mark

Not between really Mark more towards having a break, ive converted my filter wheel to take EOS lenses, now I can do some birding / motor sport and if the mood takes me some astro also ;)

Hope your enjoying the APM :)

Thanks for the input on the binos.....  should have called really :D

Archived