Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astronomy Show

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We spent the two days at the show. Went to three talks, the mars talk and the spectroscopy one on Friday and Chris lintotts today. All great talks. Got to have a laugh with Chris and get a picture and book signed. He's a very nice guy, very approachable!

my plan was to simply get an illuminated reticle eyepiece, I came out with it but also a neximage5 and a powermate 2.5x which will be posted out to me. All great deals though! Was great to see all the scopes and cameras, accessories. A fab weekend! See you all next year. I hope it because a regular show! So much easier to make it down from Newcastle then having to go to London!

Is the periodic error of the two mounts quantifiable and therefore comparable? I don't understand such complexities.

I'm not sure myself. I assumed it's something he's worked out after having spent time with both mounts :confused2:

A really great event. So much more room in the exhibition area than at Astrofest - also many more exhibitors. It's easy to get to and easy to park. The restaurant was large enough, reasonably priced.and it served nice food. I bumped into quite a few people I know, including many from SGL.

My only criticism would be the room they hold the talks in - it's too small and too low (couldn't really see the screen if you were more than 4 or 5 rows back). If they can improve that, they have the perfect event.

Great event, easy access (compared to London!) no issues finding and getting there. Lots of stuff to see. Always good to see kit in the flesh and talk to the retailers directly. I managed to resist buying anything- though I was almost tempted by a new guide camera.

The Astromount was nice to see- something I'd like to fit in the observatory and replace my overloaded EQ6.

• 5 weeks later...

Just wanted to say a thank you to Graham Smith, who I believe was one of the organisers. After I left a comment on the facebook page for the event commenting on the lack of beenies on the second day (obviously no-one's fault, they were just too popular) Graham got in touch to apologize for not ordering as many as were needed and then dispatched one through the post to me.

Thanks Graham!

Archived