Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astronomy Show

Just got in from the Astro Show. Well worth a visit if you can , It might make you drool a bit with envy.

Did spend a bit more than i expected but the wife insisted i get what i wanted so who am i to argue.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went today with a 2x barlow on my list, came home with a Skywatcher 150 OTA!! Well it had to come back with me for £100!

Don't worry did remember to collect my Barlow :grin:

Just wating for some cloudless nights now to see how my DSLR gets on with this new tube.

Had great day and chatted with lots of friendly people, think we helped a chap decide on a new scope from the trials and tribulations of our starting up fun and games! If I could I would have spent the entire weekend there chatting and looking at the shiney shiney toys!

Cheers

Matt

Just got back too. Parking is easy. If you're coming up the Fosseway, the car park entrance off the third exit on the roundabout, not off the Fosseway itself. Nice to see lots of kit "in the flesh" just to see how big some of it really is. The APM LSOZ looked nice, if you've got £45K lying about.

Thought I spotted one of the FLO team "moonlighting" in alter ego form on one of the stands. Looks like he's been assimilated into the collective, given which stand it was...

Also nice to see Paul Abel and Pete Lawrence there signing books etc, even though the sparse booth they were in gave them a 1970's newsreader look.

Managed to escape with only a Celestron Luminos Barlow. Could have spent a lot more.

Just got back too. Parking is easy. If you're coming up the Fosseway, the car park entrance off the third exit on the roundabout, not off the Fosseway itself. Nice to see lots of kit "in the flesh" just to see how big some of it really is. The APM LSOZ looked nice, if you've got £45K lying about.

Was that the big refractor that was laid out horizontally? I just stood and drooled lol!

Can't manage to make it down, quite jealous as everyone as I only found out about it this morning. One of those 'If I had known earlier' moments. Though from the sounds of it my bank balance will thank me for not going.

Was that the big refractor that was laid out horizontally? I just stood and drooled lol!

Yep! Never seen anything like it. Not sure if you'd look through it or stick fins on it and launch it to space...

Got a good time on the LJMUniv moon puzzle too. Just popped the new Barlow on the Mak. Wow!

Good day all round.

I'll be there tomorrow, on my own! Family not interested in following the old man around a nerds convention as my daughter put it.

When I arrived (on my own too)I texted my wife that "I thought I'd walked onto the set for the Big Bang Theory - there's nerds everywhere.", conveniently forgetting that, err, I was one of them...

Have you got clear skies Mak? I've got opaque spots surrounded by cloud. I'm out every ten mins checking but I think I'm staying in. I really want a properly clear night to test my new Delos but I've had a look at the moon with my new bins which has been quite pleasing.

Have you got clear skies Mak? I've got opaque spots surrounded by cloud. I'm out every ten mins checking but I think I'm staying in. I really want a properly clear night to test my new Delos but I've had a look at the moon with my new bins which has been quite pleasing.

I call it "weather forecaster's clear" ie anything other than a flat grey overcast. Certainly not Astro clear. "Opaque" is a good word for it. Just couldn't have a new bit of kit just sat there when I can "see" the moon.

I was tempted to go today, Wifey talked me into going tomorrow, now I have full blown cold like the rest of the household.... not in the mood for the travel feeling like i do now.

GRRRR

Archived