Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Antares and Rho Ophiuchi Cloud Complex

StuartJPP

A bit of lens flare on Antares which I am not too happy about. Taken under quite tricky conditions (LP + wind) but at least I managed something, really need much longer subs. Any comments welcomed.

Modified Canon 1100D with Canon 70-200mm f/4 L IS lens @ 200mm, ISO1600.

AstroTrac TT320 Mount.

55x 120 second lights

20x Darks

20x Flats

20x Bias

Stacked in DSS and processed in PS.

Taken on holiday in Fuerteventura.

You recorded this imaged from Leeds?? Wow!

I need bins just to pick Antares out of the LP and gloom under anything but excellent skies :(

Ignore me, I just read the text with the image! :icon_redface:

Nice, all the same!

A stunning field with lots going on. Loads of contrasting objects in style and type. Up here i can barely see Antares on the clearest of nights with just a couple of others stars if i point my scope there. Always nice to see objects we just can't reach. Despite it's flaws you mention, it's still a definite keeper. I'm going to call IC4603 the Klingon Battlecruiser Nebula from now on. :smiley:

Baz.

Even for me at Lat 44 this is a right so-and-so.

Well done, but you ask for comments and I'd say your green balance was a long way out. You have as greenish-blue what I believe to be blue, pure and simple. There are some nice yellows to be had as well. Whether balancing the green will get them or not I don't know. You could try SCNR green in Pixinsight or Hasta La Vista Green from the Deep Sky Colors site.

Olly

but you ask for comments and I'd say your green balance was a long way out.

Olly

Comments are always welcome Olly, either positive or negative, I'll have a play around with the greens and see if I can coax some more yellows out as well. I will also redo the flats as I am sure the ones I have used aren't very good for this lens/focal length. Personally I blame it on the 70-200mm lens, it just isn't as good as the 500mm :p

Archived