SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mesu Owners a Query please.

Earl

What is the lowest height the base of the mount can be and not be effected by closeness to the floor?

The reason I ask is due to if....I go DSO in the future I cant really get an Observatory to work here so need to go the Removable shed style and be as small as possible.

I do not have a Mesu but I have faced similar calculations in order to keep my two remote obses in progress as low as possible. It depends on how low your scope hangs, simple as that. In other words, you will have to balance your scope, figure out where the center of gravity is and then see how far down it stretches. On my 10Micron GM2000HPS with a 190MN I end up with a 26cm pier as bare minimum so I settled for 40.

/per

Humm, but the time you have a pile of goodies hanging off the end the scope sits very high up, last one did anyway ;)

Im really struggling to see how I can get a location atm as the Patio is not to be touched....

Archived