SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sadr spreads its wings...

ollypenrice

Last night allowed me to hoover up two more Ha panels to the right of the image recently posted of the Sadr region. The loop in the lower right of this image (which I've slightly emphasized in the processing) was a chance discovery - which is part of the charm of working in this region. The Atik 11000 when fed on a diet of F5.3 and 3.5 arcseconds per pixel is an Ha guzzler, by Gad. No noise reduction was needed on the right hand side. It is over sampled but you you can't have everything and this goes wide and goes wide fast.

Olly

The biggest one is here, slightly short of full res. http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Best-of-Les-Granges/22435624_WLMPTM#!i=2511749367&k=psSpRNL&lb=1&s=O

Medium sized; http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Best-of-Les-Granges/i-psSpRNL/0/X3/SADR%204%20PANEL%20WEB-X3.jpg

SADR%204%20PANEL%20WEB-L.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that is looking rather tasty. how far are you gong with this?

That will depend partly on what the guests want to do since we are mad busy in the summer. I have only a few house bookings without the gear so I won't get too much time, maybe, to extend this. Naturally I will wax lyrical about what a wonderful image it would make... :grin: :grin: (Are you reading this, Paul?????)

Olly

I'm very much wedded to natural colour, Gina, but Ha-0111-RGB strikes me as something I might try.

Olly

That combination, if you can nail it, to me gives the most impressive results of all. You get the full whack of the emission nebulosity, and the beauty of the coloured stars adding to the natural feel. It's tricky though :/

Is it the 7nm Ha filter you are using here Olly?

That combination, if you can nail it, to me gives the most impressive results of all. You get the full whack of the emission nebulosity, and the beauty of the coloured stars adding to the natural feel. It's tricky though :/

Is it the 7nm Ha filter you are using here Olly?

Yes, the 7. If anyone's scratching their head over my Christmas present an Astrodon would go down nicely, but I think the Baader 7 is good value. Re Ha and O111, the combination can look fantastic in monochrome, too, but nobody seems to present it. This is an early image with inexpert processing but it shows the idea;

final%20deep%20narrowbandnohaloes-L.jpg

Olly

What are the download times like Olly.....DOH!!!

Long enough to enjoy a G and T, Martin, and that's exactly as The Gentleman Astronomer would want it. In fact they are long enough for one to pop down to Laragne for more T. (We would never run out of G up here...)

Olly

It is really great result Olly this fantastic panoramic view of these nebulae.

Congratulation for the work about this image. But, I think you can additionne more deep field.

Franck

Quite true, Franck. But I was so tired by your all night staying power the other day (Franck needs even less sleep than I do!) that I was not processing at my best. This has a bit more attitude;

SADR%204%20PANEL%20V4%20web-L.jpg

If ever you go imaging with Franck make him sign a contract obliging him to sleep for at least thirty minutes every day! :grin:

Olly

Nice one Olly, Barnard would be proud. Good to see you have everything running smooth.

Looks like you just missed the soap bubble, I feel another row at the bottom is in order! :cool:

Cheers Pieter. What I need for the Soap Bubble is someone with an incredibly fast F ratio and around 10 inches of aperture... Wouldn't that be good?? :) Now who might have such a thing?

Olly

What can one say, other than this is absolutely incredible... and I need a new camera... and a new scope... and a new mount... and to move house! I guess I'll just have to satisfy myself with looking at the images you post, Olly! :smiley:

Archived