Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Multi shoe

I`m thinking of upgrading my finder scope from a 6x30 (skywatcher) to a 8x50 (bresser messier) but therin lies the problem. The shoe on the bresser is a totally different size, it is a lot smaller than the shoe on the skywatcher. Is there a multi shoe out there on the market, one size fits all and cheap, Many thanks, Pete

The Skywatcher shoes are pretty standard across a lot of scopes in my experience. But there are one or two variations on size and shape with other makes. I would ensure that wherever you get the Bresser finder from - get them to include a shoe with it (or ask them to source a shoe to secure the sale). I'll bet Bern at Modern Astronomy will either have one or know where you can get one if he doesn't - give him a call. :)

Can you post a photo of your Bresser finder shoe. My old Bresser Pulsar had standard SW finder shoe.

I've seen some photos of newer Bresser equiped with narrow shoe like the ones you find in Russian scopes. Is yours one of those? If it is then you are unlikely to find an adapter for it and you will be better off buying a new finder bracket/finder shoe.

My Bresser scope had an 8x50 finder that used the mounting that Meade uses. Not compatible with the Skywatcher type at all. You might find that the Bresser finder scope will fit into a 50mm Skywatcher type finder mount though. That will then fit into the Skywatcher mounting shoe. I don't know of a multi-shoe - in the past I've had to decide on one system or the other which meant changing the mounting hardware.

I think I wil give this finder a miss. What it needs is a very small shoe on one end of a stalk and a skywatcher shoe on the other end. Thanks for the info gents. Pete

Archived