1825338873_SNRPN2021banner.jpg.68bf12c7791f26559c66cf7bce79fe3d.jpg

Space Oddity...

Planetesimal

The song itself was wonderfully crafted - What it must have been like for people hearing it for the first time in 1969...

This fantastic cover seems to have strong poignancy - giving you the sense of what it must be like to be outside your native environment and far from your loved ones when something could go wrong any minute.

Judging by the Google results it already has gone viral. :)

Hope it beats Gangham Style..

Edited by Beulah
  • Like 1

Paul M, don't forget he can also take fantastic photographs.... I have loved following his tweets. It seems a shame in away that its all ending. Any how, here's to a safe journey for him & his crew, they'll soon be home

• Like 1

Well done Cdr Hadfield - he really has brought public interest back into spaceflight. I thought the scenes in which the earth was in the background from the cupola really brought it home that he was away from his home planet.

• Like 1

Fantastic. As others have said very moving to see and hear an actual space commander sing that song. I remember it from the 60s but I never imagined that I would see a version like his - I bet Bowie didn't either.

Klytus - where do you find your astro forecasts? I can only locate a site that does N America. .......and do you find them to be accurate?

I thought he was a pretty cool guy when I saw his twitter exchange "in character" with William Shatner, George Takei, Leonard Nimoy and *shudder* Wil "Wesley" Wheaton:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity/2013/01/william-shatner-opens-hailing-frequency-to-chris-hadfield-aboard-iss.html#igImgId_59392

But I really did have a tear in my eye watching this - particularly when he sings the words "Planet Earth is blue, and there's nothing left to do..." with the Earth floating in space outside the window of his tin can... :crybaby2::grin:

I don't get to say this often, but, when we're at our best... Humanity Rocks!

• Like 1