Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Morning Sagittarius @ 45 North

An early morning shot of the Milky Way in Sagittarius and southern Ophiuchus as it culminates over my southern horizon outside my front yard. Skies were relatively clear. This was a 60 second exposure with my 50mm f/1.7 @ 2.2 using ISO 800. The Pentax K-01 seems to be a great astrocamera stock not modified.

Thanks for looking!

Sagittarius.jpg

Thanks guys. Yea, believe it or not, this was my first digital exposure of this are of the Milky Way. Some of you may be familiar with my work with film, something of a holdover from the past, but I like the aesthetics of film. That being said, I believe there will be much work with digital in my future. Fun stuff.

Just 60 seconds. Plenty of exposure at ISO 800 under dark skies.

Enjoy

Jim

Great pic! That's what I was hoping to take a photo of when I went out on Sunday morning. Unfortunately, there was too much cloud near the horizon. And I am unable to take exposures greater than 30s @18mm without star trails at the moment so it was never going to be as good as that anyway!

I highly recommend this area to image. I know some of you living in the UK are starting to have the perpetual twilight for the summer months. The nights get short here too, but I get at least a few hours even in late June. The time is now, but you have to be out early in the AM to get these gems.

It is difficult on a work night, but I just got in from an early morning session of these same areas and hope to post soon. Thank you all for the kind words and comments.

It's not just the twilight Jim, but this gorgeous area of the sky does not get up very high at 50 plus north. The best view I get is through the bedroom window with binoculars!

Lovely image and like the foreground landscape.

andrew

Great image- would be nice to be 10 degrees further South. From my location (Wales) M8 just about clears the horizon- in the image below you can see the horizon & a tree on the far right! Dscf5097_HLVG.jpg The exposure was 120s with an F4 200mm lens ISO800.

Thank you again. Great feedback. I'm grateful.

Understand Andrew. Yes, the sky is shifted south from your perspective. I'm at 45 deg N. so everything is ~5 deg higher !

Laserjock, that is quite low ! I'm so glad to see that this gem is not below your horizon! Look sharp!

Archived