Eyecups

Can you buy these separately? I got my first scope recently (Celestron C6-N), it came with Celestron's 20mm plossl but the eyepiece doesn't seem to have an eyecup. Is this how eyepieces are usually supplied or is this perhaps how they are for the lower end of the market.

Thanks.

I've got a 25mm plossl that doesn't have an eye cup, and I bought it brand-new. I'd say it probably is this way. Is it a big lens?

It's the 20mm plossl. Thought it would be more comfortable with an eyecup so I'll check out the Sherwood link that Nibor posted.

Thanks for your help.

Jane,

I bought some eyecups from Sherwoods back in 2011 - see link to their website:-

http://www.sherwoods-photo.com/

I have just checked to see if they had any listed but it seems not.

However a phone call may bear fruit. They were about £4 each with a choice of a full eyecup or a side shade version.

Good luck!!

Thanks, Nibor, I'll give them a call.

Telescope House sells these ones:

Standard Winged 1.25" Eyeguard

Concertina-style Rubber Eyeguard

Large Deluxe Eyeguard

The last one is for things like the 40mm Tele Vue Plossl, which has excessive eye-relief.

However, the last one is also something that's really easy to make for yourself using a cut-out square of black face-flannel cloth and some velcro.

(which is exactly what I did when I owned such an eyepiece - and it worked really well)

Telescope House sells these ones:

Standard Winged 1.25" Eyeguard

Concertina-style Rubber Eyeguard

Large Deluxe Eyeguard

The last one is for things like the 40mm Tele Vue Plossl, which has excessive eye-relief.

However, the last one is also something that's really easy to make for yourself using a cut-out square of black face-flannel cloth and some velcro.

(which is exactly what I did when I owned such an eyepiece - and it worked really well)

Thanks for the links.

Archived