A returning noob from Hampshire

Bagginsies

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, thanks for all the welcome's, thanks for the 'Make every Photon Count' link, definitely on my to buy list (getting longer everyday :grin: )and getting some idea's from the website......and dark side! that's an understatement :grin: for me it was the 'how much luck have you got side!' That moon shot was about 20 bad ones then that one came out ok :grin:

Hopefully this great British weather will get better soon and I can start getting some pictures up.

• 2 years later...

Looks like it will be another welcome back for me  :grin: Just over 2 years!

After Comet Ison failed to make it around the Sun I was gutted and pretty much gave up on Astronomy. I started many other hobbies including paragliding, skydiving and motorbikes. All 3 have now been stopped due to recent heart surgery. 

So what could I do now I couldn't fly? Get back into astronomy of course  :grin:

I have now bought myself a Nexstar 6SE and plenty of gadgets to attach to it (I still haven't attached anything yet and have only taken pictures using a Canon 400D with an 18-55mm lens). Hoping to get pictures of  Comet Catalina, but this time I will be sticking with it!

Images I have so far on re-learning this dark art (especially the post processing side of things!)........

My box of goodies

IMG_20151108_102151_zps7hwsplhb.jpg

My Nexstar 6 SE with it's new mount (just finished today, but still not tested yet)

12249724_10206476515084778_2041225597895

Pleiades (cannot remember the settings I used on this)

400DPleiadesRegistaxEditCLOSEUP%202_zpsz

Andromeda (4 images stacked with DSS, can't remember settings).

andromeda4stackDSS_zpsntgo0mec.jpg

Archived