A returning noob from Hampshire

Bagginsies

Hi All,

My name is Cass (called Bagginsies as I am normally called Bilbo due to lacking in the height department)

I am 39 years young and have just purchased a Konus Digimax 90 with the Astrophotography kit.I have a very basic understanding of Astronomy, so hope I can expand on this.

Many moons ago I dabbled in Astrophotography (something I hope to get back into) and spent many a night wrapped up in many layers enjoying the view. Most memorable were pictures of the 1999 Solar Eclipse, a few great shots of the moon with a 200mm DSLR Canon camera and seeing the leonid meteor shower for the first time! I haven't managed any of that with the new telescope yet, but I did manage to get a nice view of Saturn this evening.

Why the return after so long away......having seen a news item reference comet ISON, it reignited my passion for the night sky and I am hoping I will be fully up to speed to catch some great shots of ISON as it nears our Sun and look forward to soaking up all the information I will find on here.

Wishing you all clear skies!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Cass and welcome to the forum. Nice image of the moon which most definitely shows potential for your desire to continue imaging or as we like to refer to it as, "The Dark Art" :grin: :grin: You might find a book by Steve Richards entitled, "Making Every Photon Count" a useful tool to have in your kit bag as it is a very comprehensive guide on astrophotography and will certainly enable you to take good consistent images. It's not expensive and may well help you save money by helping you avoid buying the wrong kit and it will certainly provide you with the necessary overview on imaging which will help you decide how far you want to go with it and to construct an appropriate budget.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Welcome back! Good to see some considerable experience returning especially for newbies like me! Ah yes, Comet Ison, need to get me a scope and slr and some skill before Nov then! Clear skies and hope you'll stay longer :) best wishes

Welcome Cass.

New here myself and also looking forward to turing my hand to astrophotgraphy. Aware it won't be easy but up for the challenge! Looking forward to ISON too having drawn a blank with PanSTARRS recently.

D

Archived