SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First light from my obs.*Now with added colour*

MikeD

The ods is still not finished yet , but the scope is in and last Thursday I could not resist a go at NGC981.

Moving dust in the imaging train ( wood dust from the constrution I guess) have made getting rid of the dust bunnies impossible( the dust moved between the light and flat frames).

As for the obs, although setup time was longer than usual ( drift aligning, sorting wires and so on) it is the last time I will have to do it for a long time. :(

And being back in the house 3 Min's after deciding to call it a night made all the build effort worth while.

So here is NGC891 15 @ 5 Min's through the 10" newt.

2419_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Three big dust bunnies (which have been lightend by the flats) , two on the left hand side and one centred right in the middle of NGC891 have spoiled the image but I thought I would post it anyway as there seems to be a lot of faint galaxies in the FOV.

I will be back to do this again next clear night.

Mike.

Looks fine on my screen here at work Mike ,lovely image , did u use any filters on that one , yup great is,nt it with an Obs, youare right there 3 min and back indoors , what ifound great was last week all set up after a few mins it started to rain , just let the scope run closed the roof ,then out after the rain to clear skies and back imaging,

Anyway i like that image , hope to get a result on that one soon

Rog :(

Love the edge-on galaxies Mike. Congratulations on first light with the obs, it must be really great to have the kit under cover and ready to go. I guess it's just a case sorting out the details now.

cheers

Mark

When I put in my pier, I drift aligned each time I went out for a month or so. Little, tiny, minute tweaks were made each time, even after I was sure it was spot on. Now, I can track even small DSO's all night long with no intervention. Congratulations on your setup, but do check alignment for a while.

Thanks again guys. :D

When I put in my pier, I drift aligned each time I went out for a month or so. Little, tiny, minute tweaks were made each time, even after I was sure it was spot on. Now, I can track even small DSO's all night long with no intervention. Congratulations on your setup, but do check alignment for a while.

Will do. :(

Mike.

I wasn't going to bother trying to add the RGB data I took for this shot on the same night as the lumance, because of the flats problems I had with the L and because i only managed to get one blue sub before clouds stopped play

So I was pleased with this result ( the stars were a bit messy so the image has been reduced to 50% to hid it a bit )

LRGB

L =20 @ 5 Min's

R= 6 @ 2.5 Min's bin x 2

G= 6 @ 2.5 Min's bin x 2

B= 1 @ 2.5 Min's bin x 2

Mike

2518_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Archived