Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Leo Threeo

Vic&Al

Hi all,

This is my latest effort 33 X 5 min subs at the Trio in Leo.

Conditions were not so good some cloud cover creeping into a few of the subs which had to be ditched.

Anybody have any tips on reducing halo's & star blooms? I have tried to manually remove the star blooms but with no luck

Thanks for looking

Leo Trio.tif

This is a nice image but the blooming is a distraction. Here is a quick re-process using the 'Remove Bloom Tool' in MaxIm DL followed by a 'Levels' stretch in PS3. I then used the 'Healing Brush' in PS3 to remove the last traces of the bloom and the created a duplicate level. I softened the duplicate layer then used the Eraser to cut back the areas containing the galaxies themselves to reveal the original bottom layer. Finally I flattened the layers and ran Gradient Xterminator on the background.

post-1029-0-42966300-1368307336_thumb.jp

Thanks for the comments!

This is a nice image but the blooming is a distraction. Here is a quick re-process using the 'Remove Bloom Tool' in MaxIm DL followed by a 'Levels' stretch in PS3. I then used the 'Healing Brush' in PS3 to remove the last traces of the bloom and the created a duplicate level. I softened the duplicate layer then used the Eraser to cut back the areas containing the galaxies themselves to reveal the original bottom layer. Finally I flattened the layers and ran Gradient Xterminator on the background.

post-1029-0-42966300-1368307336_thumb.jp

I agree the blooming is a distraction, the 'Remove Bloom Tool' is just what I need but unfortunately Maxim DL is not in my collection at present but it does seen to be a handy piece of software. I will go back over the data and use your advice and see if I can improve on the image as you did so so effortlessly :icon_salut:

Its nice to know I am capturing the data and its my processing that needs developing

Regards

As you don't have MaxIm DL (and why should you? :grin: ) you could just use the healing brush in PS3.

Your data is fine, as always more subs will make for a better signal-to-noise ratio but I'll bet the clouds/moisture took their toll here more heavily than the sub-frame count!

I had a bash at removing the Spikes manually (need more practice with that!) Anyway last night managed to get some colour between the clouds and catch a few more light subs before the clouds rolled in

I must learn to be patient and re focus between filters! so here it is so far

40 X 5 min Lights

5 x 5 min R,G & B

Thanks for looking....

post-5355-0-35838900-1368528980_thumb.pn

Archived