Banner.jpg.692da9ed9af2eace53e1dc94cfc0e912.jpg

Saturn with webcam through eyepiece

Rezn8

I have 2 x Logitech sphere webcams which cannot take an adaptor ( as far as I know ), lots of eyepieces but no Barlow lens , so I thought by doing it through the eyepiece I would not have to buy anything else , and could get extra magnification through a 6mm eyepiece .. Unless someone wants to swop a Meade UWA 6,7mm for such a webcam ?

Looks like they might be quite tricky to get an adaptor on. The other approach for a permanent mod is to take the camera apart and rehouse it inside a new housing that will fit a 1.25" eyepiece holder, but that's rather more work.

You may have some success with the 650Da at prime focus. I don't think it will ever produce truly exceptional pictures, but people have posted images from DSLRs here recently that have been fairly good.

James

Thanks James , so mounting it onto an eyepiece should work then ? Would it focus ?

I'm really not sure. The design of the webcam makes it look like it might be very awkward to do.

James