SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Another M51

kingboya

Well this is about 2 hours of data. 12 300s L, and 12 200s 2x2 RGB. I haven't processed the core too carefully, and bearing in mind there is not a huge amount of data, I would be interested to hear what you guys have to say about this image. :blink:

post-19531-136813335934_thumb.jpg

well Having absolutely no astro photography skills I cannot comment on your image on that score, however I personally think that is a brilliant image, stunning!!!

I think this is pretty good for a first attempt with a small amount of data :) You do need some careful processing to get the core right and it would be a good idea to check that you're not clipping the white level in the cores. Check the ADU values in Artemis when capturing subs. I think you're just about in though near the limit with those exposures. HTH :)

I think this is pretty good for a first attempt with a small amount of data :) You do need some careful processing to get the core right and it would be a good idea to check that you're not clipping the white level in the cores. Check the ADU values in Artemis when capturing subs. I think you're just about in though near the limit with those exposures. HTH :)
Thank you Gina.

What are the ADU values to which you refer?

Archived