Ceph and Cass

M63 - The Sunflower Galaxy - LRGB - First Light

Gina

My first ever go at M63. MN190 and Atik mono 314L+ guided with Lodestar on OAG with PHD. Luminance 45x60s, RGB 21x30s each binned 2x2. Stacked in DSS, aligned with RegiStar, combined and processed in PS. Uncropped.

post-13131-0-92378900-1368108698_thumb.p

Edited by Gina
  • Like 1

Thank you Folks :)

Very nice, Gina. I like the roundness of the stars. I noticed you used Registar. Would DSS have done this job?

Chris

Thank you :) DSS won't handle different size images (ie. 2x2 binned with unbinned) so these have to be stacked separately and then the stacks aligned, rotated and resized to exactly match up. DSS does not do this.

Lots of nice detail in the dust lanes :cool:

Why such short subs on a guided image?

Mike.

I checked the ADU values for the galaxy and the stars. Longer exposures would have overexposed the stars and caused them to bloat.

Lots of nice detail in the dust lanes :cool:

Why such short subs on a guided image?

Mike.

I checked the ADU values for the galaxy and the stars. Longer exposures would have overexposed the stars and caused them to bloat.

Lovely detail Gina, those short subs have really preserved the core! I can't believe how many images you are producing at the moment, you're like a machine! :D

Thank you Chris :) Yes, I did some test subs to check the ADU values in various places and set the exposures accordingly.