Successful Saturn Hunting... Awesome...

zoneca

Last night was abit cloudy. Base on my previous experience with Jupiter, i learned that with naked eyes the planet appears to be unblinking bright star. Same to what i saw last night, i suspected a bright star above me was Saturn. Suddently my adrenaline turn so high, moving so fast to carry super heavy 12" dob from upstair. It took 10 minutes for me to setup everything. But the sky was not friendly, all I could see was just clouds. First i was very disappointed, but it couldn't stop me from pointing the scope to the suspected area using 25mm ep. Patiently waiting for 15 minutes, a dim star appeared from behind the clouds. My finder scope was not setting up correctly, so all i could do was just pointing the big scope and hoped for luck. Guess what... an eclipse shape of light appeared in my view. Slowly focusing on it, i was so amazed by what i saw, the beautiful Saturn. Changing to higher power 10mm i could see it more clearly. I think it's the time for me to acquire new high power ep such as 6mm delos/5mm nagler, so sad i can't find any seller in my country.

I only first saw Saturn about 2 weeks ago, as the weather in the UK has been very poor for a good while. It is an amazing site. Luckily, I have managed to view it about 6 times now over since I first saw it.

Hopefully you can get the eyepiece you want posted to you.

@Steve: I think so. There was a time I thought this 12" was to heavy to carry in & out. But now I realise this dob is just the perfect scope for me. I just carry the whole thing out and start pointing it to the target. Very easy to setup. And it's fun to find anything by my self, very challenging.

@Gilez: thanks bro.

Archived