SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M81 LRGB

MikeD

M81 LRGB with G2V calibrated RGB sub lengths

Shot over three nights

L = 54 @ 600 seconds ( two nights with runs of 27)

R = 3 @ 1500 seconds

G = 10 @ 600 seconds

B = 8 @ 864 seconds

The collimation was way out on the first run of luminance and all the RGB data. :embarrassed:

The second run on luminance with the collimation sorted helped fix the star shapes in the final L image but the stars (especially in the red channel) have suffered, I will have to re shoot the RGB.

I have tried to process this so the dust can be seen to the core while trying to maintain the natural brightness of the core in relation to the fainter arms, the result is you really have to search for the dust at the core ( I have found it shows up best when viewed with my IPad).

Mike.

m81-2013-SXVF-LRGB-PS-3.JPG

Thanks all,

do you have bad LP where you are and do you use LP filters.

Yes I do, I live in west Swindon and my garden faces east so I image over all of Swindon's LP.

I am using a CLS LP filter.

Mike.

Yes I do, I live in west Swindon and my garden faces east so I image over all of Swindon's LP.

I am using a CLS LP filter.

Mike.

I live in West Swindon as well. My northern and western skies aren't too bad, but south and east are pretty well awful.

Archived