Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Super Saturn

lhuchison

Last night here in the south east i experienced the clearest skies i have ever seen. I went out about 10pm giving my SCT just 30 mins of cooling due to the warm evening.

No three layers of clothing, or gloves or hat !

I checked the collimation using a bright overhead star,which was spot on,put on my 7mm x-cel eyepiece, focused using a Bahtinov mask and got Saturn in my finderscope crosshairs.

Wow the best views I've had ever! really clear Cassini ring. I called my better half out to show her and she commented that it looked like a detailed pencil drawing.

I finished off with a spectacular view of the Hercules cluster which with a 7mm looked like something from star trek!

thousands of stars in an almost frog spawn like image.

After all the terrible weather and bad seeing, it was amazing .

If i didnt have a back ache and feeling like i need 2 more hours of sleep, i would have thought i'd dreamt it !

Very nice. I passed on last night. The sky started to clear at around 10:30pm, but there were still clouds drifting about and the seeing was clearly wobbly, so I didn't even bother getting the scope out.

James

not too bad here in the northwest of England. using my 6" f11 newt Saturn was revealing good detail at about 200x - cassini division, hints of crepe ring and bands on disc - I generally see purple and green, the northern third of the disk looking really quite dark. M92 and M13 were allowing stars to be resolved a long way in at the same sort of magnifications.

Hi Leon I was out last night as well and it was good the night sky was very clear was the first chance I've had to see Saturn this year I remember the first time I got to see it and its still amazing to see. By the way how you doing with the new scope.

Rob

Very nice. I passed on last night. The sky started to clear at around 10:30pm, but there were still clouds drifting about and the seeing was clearly wobbly, so I didn't even bother getting the scope out.

James

Same with me. Been weeding and paint stripping all day and was knackered and with all the enthusiasm in the world after a days physical graft was not up to it. Looks like I missed out, stars were beeming down when I turned in at 23.00.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived