Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Second hand ?

Moz

So other than the normal routes for second hand gear eBay, gumtree and amazon are there any specific sales site for astro equipment anyone knows of . Thanks for looking ..Moz Suffolk

Do you mean you are not going to mention the "classified ads" section on SGL :grin:

Where is that then ? Lol

Or is it post related ?

Correct , 50 is the magic number to view , 250 to sell ;)

Just curious...

Why do I need 50 to view?

Or for that matter, why do I need 250 to sell?

It could take me years just to reach 50(without turbo posting).

Common practice on lots of forums prevent or help prevents dodgy dealing stolen gear ect ...on plus side ..on minus side encourages spam lol

The rules are there from long experience of running such facilities to protect SGL when members buying & selling.

Spamming or post harvesting to reach the required number of posts will be picked up and post counts reduced accordingly.

Take an active part in the forum and the you will soon reach the required number of posts :smiley:

Despite the incentive to do so, I will not be ‘post harvesting’.

Which means it will be about three years before I can even look at the goodies for sale, and sixteen years before I can sell.

Take an active part in the forum and the you will soon reach the required number of posts :smiley:

So if someone post an image and I reply 'nice image, well done' am I taking an active role or post harvesting?

My guess is, you have no way of knowing.

Anyone wanting to abuse the forum will have no problem getting around a post limit.

A combination of post and time might be better, but in the end there is no substitute for a good moderating team, something I am sure SGL has.

It's funny though, with all the years of experience within the mod and admins team in running this forum and others, we have seen most things that can happen so spotting "suspect" posting patterns is really quite easy.

Also we don't have to be democratic about it - if it's felt that someone is breaking or even bending the rules, action is taken swiftly.

Of course this won't apply to you _John_ , will it ?

Enjoy the forum - there is so much more going on here than the classifieds section :smiley:

It's funny though, with all the years of experience within the mod and admins team in running this forum and others, we have seen most things that can happen so spotting "suspect" posting patterns is really quite easy.

Also we don't have to be democratic about it - if it's felt that someone is breaking or even bending the rules, action is taken swiftly.

Of course this won't apply to you _John_ , will it ?

Enjoy the forum - there is so much more going on here than the classifieds section :smiley:

Fair enough :)

I will take the question as retorical.

Just curious...

Why do I need 50 to view?

Or for that matter, why do I need 250 to sell?

It could take me years just to reach 50(without turbo posting).

Because that is what we have decided. There are reasons for the posts limits to access the classifieds that have been explained a fair few times in he past.

Despite the incentive to do so, I will not be ‘post harvesting’.

Which means it will be about three years before I can even look at the goodies for sale, and sixteen years before I can sell.

So if someone post an image and I reply 'nice image, well done' am I taking an active role or post harvesting?

My guess is, you have no way of knowing.

Anyone wanting to abuse the forum will have no problem getting around a post limit.

A combination of post and time might be better, but in the end there is no substitute for a good moderating team, something I am sure SGL has.

You are quite right, you won't be post harvesting. It's generally fairly easy to spot, we don't like it and have a number of things that we can do - what we end up doing generally depends on how the person reacts to having his or her post count reduced.

Ant

Its very easy to accumulate posts John, just join in. If you are new to astro, then you must have questions you would like to ask. If your are an old hand, there must be answers or advice you can offer to the newcomers like me.

If you see an image you like, its important to say so, as we all need a little pat on the back sometimes. Equally its just as important to offer justified and helpful critique. We all need to know how or what could be improved. You are allowed to be honest, just do it tactfully.

Oh look!!!! I've just added another post to my count. Easy ain't it.

Bringing this back to the original subject, one point worth mentioning three times is...

I must take the time to ask questions

And...

I have recently purchased some items on an auction site and didn't ask some simple but important questions...

1) please can you describe any issues or marks not shown in photos

2) can you send more pictures

3) is it fully working

4) are all the original parts/boxes included

A few minutes spent can save disappointment

And no response = don't bid!

Ian

Archived