Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Altair Astro 2"-1.25" self centring adaptor

ronb

Only had chance to use this for one night since getting it but am impressed by its performance. Not as easy to use as the Baader CLicklock as it needs more turning to safely grip or release the ep but it is only about 1/3 the price. I find it easier to use, particularly with cold hands, than a compression ring adaptor and it grips the ep more firmly.

The reducer is well made from aluminium and uses a split plastic (well, not metal anyway) olive to grip the ep.

The adaptor adds about 7mm in length when clamped meaning some refocusing is necessary but refocusing is invariably needed when changing ep's anyway.

Always fancied one of these but when I had my EQ mount I didn't trust them grip my EPs (esp the 28mm) at some of the angles the focuser ended up at. Now I've got the DOB the focuser angle is pretty safe where ever the scope is pointing - I'll probably get one of these now, as well as the Altair 2" 35mm extension which has the Self Centering Adaptor too.

Archived