Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from Gosport

jonnopfc

Hi all my name is Jon and i live on the sunny south coast of the UK in Gosport. I have always had an interest in astronomy from a young age. I had the usual cheap childs refractor when i was in school but never took it seriously. Recently however i have decided to take a more serious interest in all things astronomical rather than just an occasional glance skywards. I managed to persuade the wife that for the Open University degree that i have just started (Physics) that i need a telescope, so she has treated me to a Celestron Astromaster 130eq md. I have added a barlow and a better 10mm lens to what came with it plus some filters. Nothing expensive yet :grin: I am currently awaiting the delivery of a cheshire collimator, an Xbox 360 webcam and an adapter. I'm not expecting miracles from my setup even if i could get to a dark sky site. I'm just looking forward to seeing more of the wonders up above our heads and maybe one day (lottery ticket at the ready) owning something a bit more serious :rolleyes2:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Jon

Welcome to SGL from a few miles due South - used to live in Gosport myself a long long time ago.

The only miracles we need are gaps in the cloud and occassionaly fair seeing - and sometimes either can seem less likely than winning the lottery ;)

However, the views are well worth the effort when everything comes together.

Welome Jon, brilliant excuse about the OU degree to buy some astro stuff, well done. I was born in Gosport more years ago than I would care to remember, but a fantastic place as much as i can remember,. Good luck with your setup and enjoy some clear skies if you can

Phil

Welcome Jon, and congrats on new scope, I'm sure there are many here with the same, and will be only too happy to advise.

Keep in touch and let us know how you're getting on.

Good luck and clear skies :smiley:

Jason

Hi and welcome to the forum. I think all of us are hopeful of winning the lottery one day to help satisfy our hunger for more aperture, until then we have to eat crumbs! :grin:

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Archived