Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello All

Coastliner

I have just signed up (10 mins ago) and thought I'd start by giving a quick introduction. I hit the venerable age of 60 a week or so back and treated myself to my first scope, I have started with the NexStar 4SE - If I get really interested I will no doubt be upgrading pretty soon, but I see that price increases exponentially with aperture size!

So far I am impressed, I took my first photo of Saturn last night, just a single-frame exposure taken with my Canon EOS 450D screwed to the back of the scope. If I can find out how to add pics I'll add it when I have stopped typing.

I do have a question regarding connecting a DSLR through an eyepiece, but I'll do the right thing and have a search through the faqs and post it a separate topic if necessary.

I look forward to some chatting!

Neil.

P.S. ok - first question - how do I attach an image? :-(

PPS - hang on - I've just scrolled down a bit!post-30409-0-18562600-1367592000.jpg

I know there is plenty of room for improvement, going to stack some video frames next time.

Hi Neil welcome to the lounge,

nice first image, Saturn for the first time is always a WOW,

wish I could have had an Image of my first time view.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Thanks forr the welcome all. I'm already not speaking to one member, namely MorningMajor, for nicking the profile image I normally use. Still, he can't be that bad, as a fellow Pink Floyd fan!

Archived