Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Konig Professional Hand Grip- adaptor stud

Hi, got one of these trigger grips from amazon. I also got the adaptor stud to take the small 1/4 thread upto 3/8th to fit the base of the trigger. when i tried to insert the adaptor into the trigger it does not screw in . its not cross theaded as ive been carewful not to force it. It seems to be the wrong thread. Does anyone know if there are variations in the threads of these adaptors and if so waht do i need. ? the thread inside the base of the Konig looks metric to me?

ta

Assuming the Konig is a Weifeng WT-011H, the base thread is nominally a 3/8" UNC; a 3/8" BSW may fit it as well, but may be tight because the thread angle is different (BSW is 55*, UNC is 60*).

I'm curious (and would be very keen to learn, if you would care to explain) how you can tell, merely by looking, if a thread is metric or otherwise.

Assuming the Konig is a Weifeng WT-011H, the base thread is nominally a 3/8" UNC; a 3/8" BSW may fit it as well, but may be tight because the thread angle is different (BSW is 55*, UNC is 60*).

I'm curious (and would be very keen to learn, if you would care to explain) how you can tell, merely by looking, if a thread is metric or otherwise.

educated guess nothing more, worked with small machines way back when and the metric thread was alway that we bit less course if that the word im looking for. this stud was the one reccomend via amazon that folks purchased along with the head so it should fit but locks tight within half a turn

just had an other look at the packaging, its supplied by amazon eu , should that make any difference ot the thread used or should it be universal?

I would be fairly sure all tripod threads are standard. Certainly the 1/4inch is otherwise you would have the situation with some cameras,scopes etc.. not fitting certain tripods. It would be a mess. So I would assume the 3/8inch is also a standard. Have a close look at it maybe there is a burr on the thread of the adapter or trigger grip.

James

Ive take a coule of images which seem to show a difference in the thread definition on one side of the hole to the other.

threadA_zpsfb5bd7e9.jpg

threadB_zpse890b3ac.jpg

perhaps the tool for threading the hole has been on the way out. In any case im going ot return it

Archived