Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Costly mistake(An update)

astro mick

High all.

After 3 weeks of constantly emailing this guy,and saying i would,nt go away,untill he returned my money,a result.

I informed him of the info i had,and pending Paypals own attempts to recover my money,would pass this onto the police who deal with internet fraud.

He must have had second thoughts and decided to get me of his back.

A refund came through,and i,m highly delighted.

This Fraudster does appear on Astrobuy@Sell Fraud page,so i would advise to check this page out,i wish i had.

Its been a worrying time,as it was quite a lot of money.

Thanks for all your support.

Mick.

Wonderful! .. You must be feeling so much better now, I know I would.

I think you've been VERY lucky to get anything back at all Mick. phew!

If Astrobuy already knew about the fraudster I wonder why any posts they try to set up aren't automatically removed/reported?

Hello Cath,

Note that the scammer did not place an adverts, rather Mick posted a wanted advert, and the scammer responded to his ad.

There are measures in place to block access to scammers, such as IP blocking and answering an astronomy-related test question before being able to reply to an advert.

But would you believe that a scammer went as far as posting the "test question" image on Cloudynight.com and asked people to identify it for him!! (so he could respond to ads on AstroBuySell).

Cheers,

Paul

- UK AstroBuySell

Hello Cath,

Note that the scammer did not place an adverts, rather Mick posted a wanted advert, and the scammer responded to his ad.

There are measures in place to block access to scammers, such as IP blocking and answering an astronomy-related test question before being able to reply to an advert.

But would you believe that a scammer went as far as posting the "test question" image on Cloudynight.com and asked people to identify it for him!! (so he could respond to ads on AstroBuySell).

Cheers,

Paul

- UK AstroBuySell

Thanks for that explanation Paul,and thankyou Cath.

Mick.

Archived