Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M13 in colour this time

peter shah

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been a pig of a job, but it's almost nailed now I think Peter.

I ended up using Hotech and Glatter collimators, plus a Tak collimating scope, and finally a tilt plate on the focuser!!

Just putting the final touches to the first light from it...I'll post the image in the next few days :smiley:

Cheers

Rob

I feel your pain Rob....as frustrating as it must have been going through these motions is all part of learning about your kit.........so any hint of what you're going to put out for us?....no doubt silly hours of exposure time. ;-)

That's terrific Peter. I just saw this tweeted by EMS. You've really done it some justice. The star colour is amazing, and the definition of the individual stars revealed by the close-up is excellent. Really well done. I always end up with an amorphous blob when I do globs, so I doff my hat to you! Excellent :D

Great, Peter. This is often shown far too blue. My first attempt was like that, I must admit. The astrophysics just doesn't support a hugely blue M13 and I'm sure you have it bang on the money.

Olly

I feel your pain Rob....as frustrating as it must have been going through these motions is all part of learning about your kit.........so any hint of what you're going to put out for us?....no doubt silly hours of exposure time. ;-)

15hrs 7 minutes this time Peter....a quicky for me :grin:

• 1 month later...

That really is a superb image Peter. Can't help thinking though that the length of the subs would cause some pixel satuaration and at the same integration time might be better with more shorter subs and make colour retention easier?

That really is a superb image Peter. Can't help thinking though that the length of the subs would cause some pixel satuaration and at the same integration time might be better with more shorter subs and make colour retention easier?

no pixel saturation at this sub length with this object, the H35 has deep pixels and can take it, but shorter subs might sharpen it up a little, the seeing isn't great where I am, perhaps 3-arc sec at best, occasionally dips below but thats very rare

Excellent Star colour as usual, and crisp to the core. Beautiful. I think there is a bit of a green background on the right hand side though. Or maybe its just my monitor. Nice galaxies in the top left by the way.

Archived