Narrowband

M13 in colour this time

peter shah

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent capture and processing and as Starfox says "resolution to the core" - a beautiful image indeed. The Orion Optics AG12 pulls an impressive amount of light, but I imagine its a b*gg*r to collimate (though you've certainly mastered the art).

Thanks everyone....Myk there is quite a lot of processing involved to pull out the colours, saturation is a small part of the operation,....the key is not to do it all in one go as one adjustment will affect something else...lots of tiny steps till you get to the finished shot, I try to pull as much colour out as I can without making it look too unnatural.

Excellent capture and processing and as Starfox says "resolution to the core" - a beautiful image indeed. The Orion Optics AG12 pulls an impressive amount of light, but I imagine its a b*gg*r to collimate (though you've certainly mastered the art).

Jake you are not wrong, collimation is a pig on this beast, it can really give ugly star shapes if its out, but when its right it really sings! I can collimate these things in my sleep now, I know exactly whats wrong just by the star shape

Amongst the best I've seen.

Collimation seems as tricky as my F2.9! I'm working on some minor mods to keep the 12" primary spatially stable. As you say once you have it right it's good - but just a little way off looks poor!

Thanks again everyone....Rob collimating an RC I wondered what you'd been up to

It's been a pig of a job, but it's almost nailed now I think Peter.

I ended up using Hotech and Glatter collimators, plus a Tak collimating scope, and finally a tilt plate on the focuser!!

Just putting the final touches to the first light from it...I'll post the image in the next few days :smiley:

Cheers

Rob

Archived