Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Beginner's guide to stacking planetary images with AutoStakkert!2

i tried to take pictures at the moon, i discorvered that it's a take focus..i mean, for the telescope the focus looks fine (it looks fine in the little screen of the camera too) but when i zoom the pics and when i put them in the computer they are kinda blurry even tho the focus is right...why? =( will this happen with the asi 120mc too? I hope not..anyway, i took also a video and im currently processing it with pipp (1200 frames of 7800 total) let's see what happens with the video...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Thank you very very much James. You have just solved several doubts I had, with your fantastic tutorial. These are the first results,

image.png.ec926e2ed359cbe7bd573929b06c82a6.png

image.png.8d25eb4fe343fa753e06613334b30679.png

A little noisy but look fine,  don´t they?

My equipement:

OTA Celestron Edge HD C9.25" XLT. 

German Mount SkyWatcher EQ6-R Pro Go-To.

Camera ZWO ASI 174MC Colour.

Barlow Televue 2.5x Powermate.

Videos 4 minutes, 30 FPS, taken with Firecapturer, 35 km away from Madrid center.

Registax 6, wavelets scheme 1 of http://www.madpc.co.uk/~peterl/DSOs/GWSchemes.html

Thanks again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi..... I'm very new to all this but I'm having a go.... I've downloaded both Registax and Autostakkert 2.... And now I'm stuck!!! I cannot find any straightforward instructions... I have taken a sample video to start myself off (mars...!).... Registax will accept the video but I'm not exactly sure what to do.... Autostakkert will not accept any video I try to upload, also the analyse option is seemingly unavailable to me (which I'm reasonably sure is because I cannot get a video clip uploaded...) 

I was originally working with .mov files but I converted one to .avi, which Registax then accepted and will do... things....(!).... but Autostakkert will still not open.... 

I'm sure I'm missing something simple, all advice will be very gratefully received!

Thanks in advance!

• 5 months later...
On 11/10/2018 at 08:12, astropicbeginner said:

Hi..... I'm very new to all this but I'm having a go.... I've downloaded both Registax and Autostakkert 2.... And now I'm stuck!!! I cannot find any straightforward instructions... I have taken a sample video to start myself off (mars...!).... Registax will accept the video but I'm not exactly sure what to do.... Autostakkert will not accept any video I try to upload, also the analyse option is seemingly unavailable to me (which I'm reasonably sure is because I cannot get a video clip uploaded...) 

I was originally working with .mov files but I converted one to .avi, which Registax then accepted and will do... things....(!).... but Autostakkert will still not open.... 

I'm sure I'm missing something simple, all advice will be very gratefully received!

Thanks in advance!

I found the tutorial on page 1 pretty comprehensive... Did you run the video through PiPP first? That worked for me. Just re-read through the tutorial and make sure you follow each step.

Edited by RythmTech

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 18/08/2018 at 17:38, Carlos Espada said:

image.png.ec926e2ed359cbe7bd573929b06c82a6.png

image.png.8d25eb4fe343fa753e06613334b30679.png

A little noisy but look fine,  don´t they?

You can reduce noise by stacking more frames:

sat_increasing_stack_size.jpg.84d903f7d1d27677334a98dbb5c9d178.jpg

All four images from the same AVI (not sure how many frames it contained, probably somewhere between 15k and 60k). Imaging done last year using C11, 2x Barlow, ZWO ADC, ZWO ASI290MC. The images are not quite sharp, but their sole purpose was to show the effect of stack-size.

Nicolàs

• Like 2

• 2 months later...