Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

M4lcs67

How do you become a Moderator?

Looking at the logs, your posts have been discussed a number of times...

The OP asked how someone becomes a mod, hopefully we have answered that. Please don't use this thread as a channel for complaints.

It wasn't a complaint. It's just a post that has diverged. Anyway, I'm curious as what criteria qualify as worth removing? I'm aware of the rules, but it seems to me there's a little bit of subjectivity sometimes.

It wasn't a complaint. It's just a post that has diverged. Anyway, I'm curious as what criteria qualify as worth removing? I'm aware of the rules, but it seems to me there's a little bit of subjectivity sometimes.

Moderation is rarely black or white, it is normally one of several shades of grey.

I'm sure that answers your question :),

HTH.

• Like 1

Interesting question. :p Having (professionally?) moderated "the internet" for academia, maybe no loss?

I sense I stand as much chance with an "rationalist" astronomy group as with a "spiritual" pagan group. ;)

Sometimes I sense the way a thread will evolve, but that's me... the "Mystic Macavity" of Astronomy... :D

Edited by Macavity

We look at a Thread/Post that has been brought to our attention and decide whether we think that Thread/Post is fit to be on our boards.... It is really as simple as that.

• Like 1

Seriously, we look for members who have a positive influence on the SGL community. They need to be calm, have lots of common sense and a sense of humour. They also need to be stoical and have a thick skin because their essential behind the scenes work is normally only noticed when they trip up. And they need be neutral, considerate and not take advantage of their position.

That's put a stopper on my chances then ;)