Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first M57 with Explorer 200

Parallax

Now don't laugh. This is the first time I have imaged ANYTHING using the Explorer. The scope was (roughly) polar aligned and tracking was with an RA clock drive. Nowhere near as good as others have posted but hey, I'm over the moon so to speak.

Explorer 200, prime focus, 20 x 15s, captured with Connectix B/W webcam using Vega DA software, "fiddled with" in Registax4.

Plenty of room for improvement.

Steve

2368_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

As others have said already Steve, there's nothing to laugh at, and you should be quite 'chuffed' to get the 'ring' like that, on your very first attempt.

As KK, says its is a very small target, and getting your 'feet wet' on something a bit bigger, would be a good choice. As KK says, a globular, or perhaps even M27 (The Dumbbell Nebula), which is bigger and brighter than M57.

Keep at it, as there only one way to move up the 'learning curve', and that's practice and experimentation.

Keep them coming.

Dave

Archived