Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AR1731 WL Tal 100rs 29-4-13

allcart

Only had a quick go today. Thought I'd try a WL image with the Tal 100rs and DMK41 and the Herschel wedge. I just can't seem to nail the focus. I think I might need to replace the focuser as the R&P is pretty worn.

100 frames from 1300, stacked in AS!2 and pp in CS5.

post-25425-0-89221000-1367274765_thumb.jpost-25425-0-36270200-1367274769_thumb.j

No Mark, but its on my wish list. I only used the polariser which came with the Herschel Wedge. It improves the view, but not sure it does anything for the imaging. I will compare when I get a continuum filter.

It seems the best images are done with a continuum.

You'll definitely get better results with a continuum and uv/IR cut in conjunction. I would ditch the polariser for imaging - the light exiting the wedge is already polarised, so all the additional filter is doing is causing the image to be dimmer and causing your exposure time to be longer making the image be more susceptible to poor seeing...

Archived