Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Excited!!!!

claire1985

My scope is finally nicely aligned, focusing is sorted, I have a range of eyepieces thanks to some very awesome people on here and south west is looking beautifully clear out my living room window. Scope is in position and pointing to the spot where Saturn pops up above the trees around 10pm. It'll be my first ever view of Saturn so I'm a bit like a kid on Xmas eve at the minute :-D

Hope you've got a good view. It was amazing when I first saw it. When I saw I called my GF out for a look. She looked through the EP and then started jumping up and down and doing a little dance like a little kid. (She isn't actually a kid, just acts like one sometimes.)

Hope she doesn't decided to read this, otherwise I've not posted this :angel:

Great to hear you have the scope focused Claire. It sounds to me like you are going to observe Saturn through the window? Will the window be open?. I dont mind observing through closed windows (yes it is possible), however................planets really dont look good through closed windows.

Best of luck and do post a first light review.

I opened my window. Luckily they open pretty wide, couldn't get a decent view though so I'm a little underwhelmed :-( to be honest my head is banging big time so I need to go to bed, I dedicated an hour which is pretty rubbish but it's all I got tonight, Wednesday is forecast to be clear so I'll have another attempt then x

Sorry to hear you didn't get a brilliant view.

TBH Saturn won't look good if you're inside as the thermals from the room will ruin the seeing.

Fraid you gotta take it outside...

I forgot to mention that if you are looking through an open window, you should turn off all heating in the room and let the room/scope cool down.

Its easier just to go outside and observe. Saturn is a WOW moment the first time you see it properly and one you wont forget.

I'll try again soon, I'm off camping the weekend and we are taking scopes so keep everything crossed for me, I need clear skies!!

I hope it stays clear for you as this will be much better. Remember that it wont be as big as Jupiter and you need to wait for a decent bit of seeing. When you do see it properly for the first time it will be worth it. The first time I saw Jupiter I pointed the scope out of my flat window and saw a small orange ball. Rubbish. After spending a few sessions and a bit of time I had some amazing views.

Archived