SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M101 Luminance data ..... So far....

swag72

Experiencing awful weather at the moment and frankly suffering withdrawal symptoms. I don't generally post ongoing projects, but ........ I just need to remind myself that I have some kit that I am dying to use!!!

Here's the luminance data so far. If only the rain and clouds would pass so that I could get the colour data!!

M: HEQ5

T: Takahashi FSQ85

C: Atik 314L+

17x900s - no calibration frames at the moment, but they are in the bag for the colour process.

8665699838_a5cb3c943d_c.jpg

M101 Luminance - Work in progress by swag72, on Flickr

Looks like a great platform for the RGB Sara, plenty of spiral detail and smooth too!

why the 314 I wonder and not the 4 series? ..I'm compiling the same image with my 314, you have framed it better but the main galaxy looks the same, mine's rotated 90 degrees and nearly cuts of NGC 5477? which yours captures nicely..

Thanks everyone for looking and your comments. I do have the green and Ha already in the bag, so just need 2 more clear nights to get the rest (or 1 if I stay up and get red one side of the flip and blue the other!!)

@Guy - I'm using my 314L+ as I thought that would get M101 filling the frame better than the 460. Perhaps though with the smaller pixels and cropping the 460 image I'm not gaining anything by using the 314L+? I don't know, perhaps someone can enlighten me!!!

Superb image Sara - looking forward to the added colour. I managed Green and Blue subs last night but clouded out for the red. be a few days before weather here is suitable.

Archived