Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M51 ...

Moon monkey

My latest attempt :smiley:

70 x 1min subs

30 darks

30 flats

Would have had more subs .... but had my camera mounted on the p*** :embarrassed: ooooppppssss

Hope you like ... im quite chuffed ...

One Question for you ... m51 is very little in my feild of view, is it possible to use a Barlow lens AND my camera (DSLR) at the same time ... so I can get a bigger Galaxy ??

Thanks MM

post-13397-0-72837500-1367250915_thumb.j

I think you have done a great job and if you're chuffed then that's all that matters :) .. The green background should be fairly easy to sort out in photoshop, that really would make a difference.. ;)

Well done Moon Monkey

I think you have done a great job and if you're chuffed then that's all that matters :) .. The green background should be fairly easy to sort out in photoshop, that really would make a difference.. ;)

Well done Moon Monkey

Thank you ... it does look a little green dosent it ....

is it possible to use a Barlow lens AND my camera (DSLR) at the same time ... so I can get a bigger Galaxy ??

Nice shot!

re: the barlow, how long a sub can you get without trailing?

Using a 2x barlow will be more demanding on the accuracy of your mount because of the longer focal length. And at the same time, using a 2x barlow will mean that that if you stick to the same length subs as without the barlow, the image will only be about 1/4 as bright. You might need to increase the length of your subs to compensate, to avoid losing the fainter detail in the noise.

Using a barlow will push back the focus point (camera further away from the telescope). Depending on your setup, you might possibly need an extension tube.

Definitely worth a try, your scope is nice and fast at F4, so even with a barlow, it's still a useful F8. :smiley:

I have tried a bit of imaging with a 2x powernate, but don't use it much, as my imaging scopes are not as fast as your F4 beast!

One Question for you ... m51 is very little in my feild of view, is it possible to use a Barlow lens AND my camera (DSLR) at the same time ... so I can get a bigger Galaxy ??

Thanks MM

Archived