Mark Scheffel Binoculars...

Hello Paolo!

I have heard of "Mark Sheffel" brand - though I have never looked through a pair. They were usually either 10x50's or 20x50's (as far as I can remember!) They have been around since the "sixties" and were advertised in the likes of magazines like "Exchange & Mart." I remember them as looking very, very "glossy" and "the goods!" but I would suggest that you definately try before you buy. If they feel OK to you, and are comfortable to look though, and give decent images (especially when looking at the stars), and they are a good price, then go ahead and pick up a bargain. But again, I stress, "try before you buy." If you are unable to do this, then I would leave them.

The only time I would buy a pair of binoculars without trying them first, is if they came from a reputable dealer, and were recommnended (say by members of this forum).

Regards,

philsail1

Thanks for your advice Phil,

I would never spend a substantial amount of money on binoculars without trying them 1st.However,since they were only a tenner for 10 X 50's with case,i decided to go ahead and buy them before someone else did (good ol' ebay).They certainly look the business,rather chunky and definitely old.The seller has impecable feedback and assures me they're in perfect working condition :D ...Will report back and let you know if i got the bargain of the century,or if i bought a right :(

Paolo

Thanks for your advice Phil,

I would never spend a substantial amount of money on binoculars without trying them 1st.However,since they were only a tenner for 10 X 50's with case,i decided to go ahead and buy them before someone else did (good ol' ebay).They certainly look the business,rather chunky and definitely old.The seller has impecable feedback and assures me they're in perfect working condition :D ...Will report back and let you know if i got the bargain of the century,or if i bought a right :(

Paolo

Sounds a good deal Paolo - 10x50's are just right for astronomy IMHO :D

John

• 4 years later...

Archived